Nintendo Battle Network
You should log in ^-^ You can access more stuff that way!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Nintendo Battle Network
You should log in ^-^ You can access more stuff that way!
Nintendo Battle Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Legend of Battliska: Four Heroes. The First Book in the Legend of Battliska Series - by GuruSharky

Go down

The Legend of Battliska: Four Heroes. The First Book in the Legend of Battliska Series - by GuruSharky Empty The Legend of Battliska: Four Heroes. The First Book in the Legend of Battliska Series - by GuruSharky

Post  GuruSharky Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:44 pm

As I have told many of you before, I'm an author, I write Sci-fi/Fantasy novels. I am currently in the publishing process with my books. I'll announce when they hit store shelves. In this thread I will give you all a sneak peak at some of the chapters as I complete them. It would make me happy if you could give your feedback on what you think of them.

(This works is under copyright 2008 by Xlibris Self-Publishing company)

Prologue

“Get ready to fight everyone! This is it!” Sophie yelled to her group of soldiers, “This dark menace has dictated us long enough and now it’s time for us to stand up for what we believe in!”
The soldiers held guns in a formal position. They all stood inside a bunker as mass explosions, gunfire, and rockets blast out flashing light and ear shattering noise. Joe, Apo, Ryan, and Evan sit around a small, round table off to the side, listening to Sophie direct her troops upon a pedestal.
“That creature has taken our friends, our family and our beloved leaders,” she paused for a moment to grasp the golden, heart-shaped locket around her neck, “he took away our homes, our securities, and our planet.
“Wow, she sounds just like her old man.” Apo whispered and they nodded in agreement.
“But he has not taken away our hopes and our bonds or the true meaning that Battliska symbolized, the true Battliska! Regardless of whether or not Battliska remains we will defend its purpose!” Sophie yelled, “Now we are pinned and have no choice but to execute an attack, this is the rebellion’s last stand and many of us will not return. Freedom is not free but Destructo proved that no price is too much for freedom! No Price!” Sophie’s speech began to rile the remaining troops.
“I find it amazing how everything came down to this, exactly how Keys predicted.” Joe said as he drank grog from his crusty mug.
“And I remember how it all began too.” Apo added.
“We can’t change what’s going on right now.” Evan said.
“True, but we can relive the good times just once more, can’t we Apo?” Ryan continued.
“Yeah, for old time’s sake, you know, before we all get massacred.” Joe laughed, “Maybe it will refresh my memory of why I hate you so much.” Evan jabbed Joe in the arm.
“Really? You guys really want to hear it again?” Apo smiled with joy. He looked at Sophie and saw he had time before she finished her speech.
“We are going to fight for peace, for Destructo and for my dad, who’s with me!?” Sophie yelled, punching into the air. The crowd roared with ambition.
“If you’re going to tell us the story you should hurry, we have to go die soon.” Joe chuckled but was cut off by another punch from Evan.
“I remember every part of it, as if it were yesterday.” Apo smiled with zeal.
Apo told the story, the story that united four great heroes in a history much different from ours but at the same time quite similar. The story that is truly the greatest tale ever told.
GuruSharky
GuruSharky
Site Owner
Site Owner

Number of posts : 765
Forum Points : 65800
Position : Site Owner
Humor : That CORN was delicious! May I have some gum?
Brawl Code : 4425-1208-7517
MKWii Code : 5327-2836-1003
Pokemon D/P Code : I'll Get it soon
Animal Crossing: City Folk Code : 2836-4352-0577
Clan : Not a clanie
Stop-By Message : Perpare 4 b astroyed!!!!!!

http://www.nbnet.co.nr

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Battliska: Four Heroes. The First Book in the Legend of Battliska Series - by GuruSharky Empty Re: The Legend of Battliska: Four Heroes. The First Book in the Legend of Battliska Series - by GuruSharky

Post  GuruSharky Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:45 pm

Ill add more as I write more so keep checking back.
GuruSharky
GuruSharky
Site Owner
Site Owner

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Battliska: Four Heroes. The First Book in the Legend of Battliska Series - by GuruSharky Empty Chapter 1: Apo

Post  GuruSharky Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:50 pm

Apo strolled down a hallway on the ground floor in the Palace. He took every step with a jiving beat and seemed to dance as he walked, his purple afro bobbing with each step. He wore his general uniform; a blue jacket with yellow buttons, blue dress pants, and black combat boots. Apo can be summed up in 3 simple words; big purple monkey. He stands 5’6” and has purple fur along with an odd distinguishable voice that fits his naïve, kindhearted nature.
He pushed a button on the wall and sliding doors opened to a massive throne room. Soldiers in similar uniforms were rushing about in all directions. In the center of the massive room is a 30 foot tall, solid gold throne, home to the Great Omega’s butt. Destructo is the first son of the founder of Battliska, Decron. Destructo is massive, a breed known as super-human or Omega, meaning a mix between the planets two intelligent powers, humans and beastmin along with specific coding that separates and Omega from a half-form such as an aven or packidon. Beastmin are equal to humans in intelligence but vary greatly in shape, size, and appearance. All Omegas hold great power, almost every planet in the Omega Galaxy is controlled by an Omega, except very few have an Omega as goodhearted as Destructo.
Destructo stands 25 feet tall but, like all Omegas, can shrink down to the more interactive size of 10 feet. He has short yellow-green fur all over his body. On his back are blue-green ‘tiger stripes’. He has three jutting spine-like extensions on both sides of his head. His eyes are a strong yellow and his bottom canines jut upward out of his mouth. On each wrist and ankle he has a single golden brace with blades attached on the sides. These bands represent the amount of wars the Omega has been in, as a sign of respect, though Destructo doesn’t believe in war. He wears a long brown cloth that wraps around his waist and extends to his knees like a towel.
All Omegas have immense power over specific elements. Destructo controls electricity and emits massive voltage while in normal form. His throne harnesses this huge output and transports it to the Grand City to the super tall skyscraper, The Electric Building. From there it powers the city and other parts of the planet.
Destructo has two brothers: Sylon, the Omega of fire who live on a separate planet attached to Battliska off the West edge. And Sylone, the Omega of water who lives in Battliska’s one great ocean, Syken. Destructo directs his planet from the safety of his throne. Standing in front of him was the most important person on the planet, General Richard M. Barge.
Battliska’s military is very important, having a weak army in such a hostile solar system means being invaded and taken over with ease by the evil superpowers such as Diregar, Gallibon, or Skullfire. Military is divided into three branches: land, air, and sea. Each run by highly qualified generals in terms of up to 20 years. Barge is starting his second term after being reelected. The land general is the most important job on the planet. The holder of the title is the right-hand man to the Omega and the proclaimed ‘King of Battliska’. He comes from a war-famous ancestry, one of his distant ancestors fought alongside Decron in The First War against Decron’s co-omega and brother Zathayes, resulting in the planet Grand Omega splitting into Battliska and Diregar. Zathayes remains in power on Diregar. Barge’s wife, Marian, also has one of the most important jobs, she is the mayor of the Cotex sectors of the Grand City (North, South, East, and West Cotex).
Barge can be distinguished easily by his looks. He stands 5’9” and has a slimmer, muscular build. He is in his mid- 60’s but is as physically fit as a 30 year old super athlete. He has a bushy grey mustache that extends down, slightly past his chin on both sides upon his finely chiseled face. He has long grey hair that he usually keeps in a ponytail, underneath his signature triangle-covered bandana. His face strikes fear into his men, it is thin and tight and his cheek bones are visible. His face is wrinkle-free despite his age. He has sharp, hazel eyes that compliment his bushy grey eyebrows and crow’s feet. He rarely smiles and keeps and expression of anger to show his authority. He doesn’t take many screw-ups and when he blows his soldiers know to duck and cover. His voice is strong and deep with a slight accent but nonetheless a voice that no other drill sergeant could compare to. Underneath his diamond rough exterior lays his warm heart, sense of good judgment, and justice. Apo and Barge have grown to become friends as Apo is a head tactician.
Apo strolled out and approached Barge. “Good morning sir.” Apo smiled.
Barge was looking at a large stack of file papers he was holding. He was focusing deeply with his bifocals and didn’t answer to Apo’s greeting. Apo stood behind him and smiled, he realized he was being accidentally ignored and tapped Barge’s shoulder. “Barge.”
Barge looked up from his papers and took off his glasses, looking at Apo. “Good morning Apo.”
Apo began grooming his afro with a pick comb, smiling at Barge.
Barge watched him. “Apo.”
“Yes, sir?” Apo smirked and continued combing.
“Take that ridiculous thing off your head.” Barge continued.
“Yes sir.” Apo saluted with one hand and pulled the afro off with the other hand revealing slicked back purple hair with thread thin white streaks.
“Good, you look much better, not like a goof.” Barge licked his thumb and flipped over the top paper in his pile.
Apo laughed. “Woooooh, you are funny, yeah!” Apo slapped his knee playfully.
“Good morning Apo, General Barge.” General Psymion said as he walked by only to be grabbed by the sleeve by Barge. Psymion is a sorcerer, a taskmaster in the army. He is the middle son of the very powerful space magician Nohearden. He wears his general’s uniform along with a purple cape. Like him and his two brothers, his head is no more than a yellow steel dome with a single red glass ball in the center, his eye. He has long, bony fingers and a mystical staff.
“Just who I wanted to see.” Barge smirked and pulled Psymion closer, setting down his papers. “When is Prophet Ace coming?”
“I’m not exactly sure; he likes to take his time.” Psymion explained. “I’m kind of in a hurry, I’m sure he’ll be here soon, so just release my sleeve and I’ll be on my way.”
“You’re brothers, don’t you communicate?” Barge asked.
“On some rare occasions, he invited Parallel and I over to the Temple of Ages and we have poker night, just the three of us and that little Sponch of his, not much else.” Psymion explained, “Frankly, I’m not sure when he’ll be here.”
“That’s not good enough for me Psymion; he said he has very important news.” Barge said.
A soldier approached Barge and Psymion. He put his hand into a solute and shouted: “Sir, there is someone here to see you, sir!”
“At ease, let him in.” Barge turned to the door, still holding onto Psymion.
Two giants wielding lances opened the massive doors inward slowly, revealing the desert-like oasis outside. A man in full cloak with bony pale fingers and a staff with a crescent moon at the end walked through the door. He wore a fully black cloak that shadowed his face. Two green eyes glowed from behind the shadow. After their ‘imperfect’ heads were removed by the raging scythe of Nohearden and surgery was about to begin in order to save these ‘talented’ youth by giving them yellow steel dome heads, Ace had received a two eyed dome. Ace hated his father for being so heartless and was ashamed of his head. He has worn a cloak to cover his head every day since he arose after surgery that century ago.
He was followed by a small creature, no more than 2 feet. Its skin was purple in color and its face consisted of one huge eye. Atop its head was a tiny purple horn. The creature wore a black robe over its tiny body. It was holding a long handled umbrella that reached above Ace’s head, shielded the moon guardian from harmful sunrays. The one-eyed Sponch always carried the Sengotia Umbrella for his master.
“Well look at that, there he is right there.” Psymion tried to laugh.
“Lucky you.” Barge pushed Psymion away and he walked off hastily.
Ace quickly spotted Barge and the Sponch followed Ace to greet him.
“Prophet Ace, it’s great you could make it.” Barge lifted his hand to offer a handshake.
Ace momentarily looked down at Barge’s hand then back up at Barge, keeping both of his bony hands on his staff. “Call me Ace.”
Apo squeezed inbetween Barge and Ace and took one of Ace’s fragile hands of the staff. He began to shake it up and down using both hands. “How great to meet one of the prophets of Battliska in person, I am Apo.” Apo said with excitement.
Barge knocked him out of the way. “I’m so sorry if he hurt you.” Barge gave Apo a glare.
“No worry, it’s important that he also hears my news.”
“You’re kidding.” Barge said as Apo positioned himself next to Barge, resting his arm around Barge’s shoulders. “Don’t touch me.” Barge glared at Apo who quickly removed his hand. “Bringing the chosen hero of the prophecies is a matter of the Battliska premiere army, not a brainless tactician.” Barge said.
“Apo is the one going on the mission.” Ace pointed to Apo, who squeaked with happiness.
“That’s impossible; he can’t even pick his nose without injuring someone.” Barge laughed.
“The hero is from the planet Earth; I sense great things from him.” Ace explained.
“Isn’t Earth the planet that’s on the other side of that wormhole we are studying?” Barge asked.
“I worked as a guardian angel for someone on Earth; mainly I was there to study behavioral patterns back 25 years ago when that wormhole was discovered. Now that I’m not an angel anymore I still teleport there to annoy him. I can’t quite remember his name though.” Apo rubbed his chin.
“Since you’ve already been to Earth, you should have no trouble.” Ace said.
“Not at all, I can teleport there myself, with my BIO, but I can only teleport back alone.” Apo looked up at Barge.
“The scientists say that the wormhole is about to open at the same time you say we have to bring this guy back, funny, almost like the prophecy is real.”
“You don’t believe the prophecy?” Ace said.
“Well, no, it predicts the dark one will awaken again after a huge war and side with Diregar to take over the Universe.”
“Exactly, it’s 100% true, and if we do not continue to pursue the hero then we won’t be able to stop it from happening.”
“I guess I can send a return ship to pick you guys up, the scientists in the astronomy dept. have created a way to open the wormhole and wait for permission from the Omega, the First Council and the Prophet Council before opening it. I guess this would be that time.” Barge said.
“I still can’t think of that name.” Apo said.
“The hero’s name is Joseph Viper.” Ace added.
“That’s it, that’s his name.” Apo smiled; it took a second for Apo to notice. “No way!” He yelled with intense excitement.
“Just don’t screw it up.” Barge said as he and Ace walked away leaving Apo alone.
Apo thought to himself. A soldier was approaching him from behind. Apo whispered: “I can so pick my nose without injuring someone.” Apo stuck his finger up his nose and it slipped back out, causing his arm to swing down into the groin of the soldier. “See! I knew I could do it!” Apo shouted and strolled away, leaving the moaning soldier behind.
GuruSharky
GuruSharky
Site Owner
Site Owner

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Battliska: Four Heroes. The First Book in the Legend of Battliska Series - by GuruSharky Empty Re: The Legend of Battliska: Four Heroes. The First Book in the Legend of Battliska Series - by GuruSharky

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down