Nintendo Battle Network
You should log in ^-^ You can access more stuff that way!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Nintendo Battle Network
You should log in ^-^ You can access more stuff that way!
Nintendo Battle Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favorite Advance Wars game?

2 posters

Go down

What is your favorite Advance Wars game?

What is your favorite Advance Wars game? Vote_lcap0%What is your favorite Advance Wars game? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What is your favorite Advance Wars game? Vote_lcap0%What is your favorite Advance Wars game? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What is your favorite Advance Wars game? Vote_lcap50%What is your favorite Advance Wars game? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
What is your favorite Advance Wars game? Vote_lcap50%What is your favorite Advance Wars game? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

What is your favorite Advance Wars game? Empty What is your favorite Advance Wars game?

Post  Sly_Frye Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:30 pm

What is your favorite Advance Wars game? In my next response I will post information about all the different games and reasons why you should pick any of them.
Sly_Frye
Sly_Frye
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 76
Forum Points : 58914
Position : Global Moderator
Brawl Code : 4811-6629-7545
MKWii Code : 0216-1194-3326
Pokemon D/P Code : I need to check.
Animal Crossing: City Folk Code : N/A
Stop-By Message : I iz Cool

http://www.myspace.com/Sly_Frye

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite Advance Wars game? Empty Re: What is your favorite Advance Wars game?

Post  Sly_Frye Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:30 pm

There are four Advance Wars games. Which one is your favorite? If you need other reasons to pick one, I have added some very informative reasons to why you should pick each one.

The first one introduced the world to the series. There were 4 Orange Star COs, 2 Blue Moon COs, 2 Green Earth COs, 2 Yellow Comet COs, and only Sturm representing Black Hole. A total of 11 COs. And many different units to build in the original game. It had some pretty hard missions as well. Especially when playing on the hard difficulty. There are lots of fun modes to play including the Campaign(18 missions, 21 if you beat Kambei fast enough and fight Sonja), Hard Campaign(After beating normal Campaign, Tutorial(You need to complete missions here to unlock VS. Mode and War Room) VS. Mode(Single Player against computer. Multiplayer switching on one system.), War Room(Fun and interesting side missions), Link Battles(Multiplayer with people on other consoles), Design Maps(Map Designer).

In Advance Wars 2, there were a pretty good amount of additions. A new CO for every faction. 4 new COs for Black Hole. There was only 1 new unit though, and that unit is the Neo Tank. There was a cool new building added though and that is the Missile Silo. Advance Wars 2 also featured the longest campaign in all of Advance Wars. And it was also a really hard one once you get farther. The final mission of Advance Wars 2 is the hardest mission in Advance Wars history. And the game gets way more challenging when playing the campaign on hard. But, the biggest addition to Advance Wars 2 was the addition of the Super CO Power. Most COs benefited from this addition while some suffered. Grit's Super CO Power is the same thing he had as his original and only CO Power in the first Advance Wars, so Grit actually suffered from this addition. Other COs like Andy and Sami benefited a lot. Especially Sami. There is also the addition of the pipeline which blocks all units from passing. You must break open the seam on a pipeline to get through that part of the pipeline. Anywhere that didn't have a seem, you cannot break through. The Tutorial mode is gone, but you do start out with all the different modes available. You can change the colors that your COs wear now.

In Dual Strike, there were a lot of new additions. There is a monster amount of new COs in Dual Strike and a bunch of new units as well and a new building too. There are also new weather conditions and you can change the type of terrain you are fighting on without changing the weather when you are setting up for a VS. battle. The new units in Dual Strike include the Black Boat, the Mega Tank, the Aircraft Carrier, the Black Bomb, the Stealth Fighter, and the Piperunner. The Piperunner was very useful at maps with Pipelines. There are 7 Orange Star COs, 4 Blue Moon COs, 4 Green Earth COs, 4 Yellow Comet COs, and 9 Black Hole COs. That is a total of 28 COs. To add to all that I just said, you can play with two COs for one player. COs can switch from one to the other, so you have to figure out some really good combinations. That addition was a good and bad thing. Being that the game was on two screens, showing stats and everything else was a lot easier and made everything easier to find. There are quite a bunch of new modes added to the game as well including, Survival, Combat Mode, and Two Screen Battles. In Survival, you have three different modes to play. Money Survival, Turn Survival, and Time Survival. In Two Screen Battles, you and your opponent can battle on two different maps at the same time. That splits your COs from being together, but makes for a very interesting game. Whoever wins the top screen, that player's CO will join his/her other CO on the bottom screen and gain the advantage on the main battle front that takes place on the bottom screen. Also, there is one more addition. With there being two COs per player, if both of them build up their Super CO Powers all the way, you can use a TAG Power which uses both COs Super Powers and allows you to move all of your units twice on that turn. This hurts some COs like Eagle and Colin. Eagle must go first because his Super CO Power is only good to use after moving all of your units first. Colin must go first because the more cash you have, the more his firepower increases. The only CO Colin is okay to go second to in a TAG Power is his sister, Tasha(who is a new addition to DS) since her Super CO Power increases her funds every time she destroys a unit. Your COs can level up and gain additionally abilities. That is interesting, but in my opinion a bad addition. Once your CO gets to Level 10, you can change his/her uniform completely. Instead of army or battle uniforms, you can have them wear more casual and formal clothes if you want after getting to Level 10. The new building added to the game is the Communications Tower.

In Days of Ruin, there are so many changes and mostly for the better. The graphics are well improved in Days of Ruin and everything looks way more realistic in this game. The Anti-Air finally has its price reduced to $7000. That is very good because they are good against Air and Infantry, but are terrible against vehicles other than itself, Flares, Recons, Rigs(formerly known as APCs), and indirect combat other than the Anti-Tank. The Anti-Tank is an awesome new addition to the game. The Infantry now have their price increased to $1500 and the Mech now has his price reduced to $2500 which makes the Mech far more useful now and not a risk to get. There is a new Infantry unit called the Bike. Well, it is an Infantry riding a Bike and can move far and capture buildings. It costs $2500. The Flare is an awesome new addition. It is a vehicle with a machine gun that can overpower the Recon unless attacked first by the Recon. But what is great about the Flare is that it carries 3 flares which can be resupplied by a Rig. The Flare can launch these flares about 5 spaces away from where it is and it will reveal everything in that spot and 3 square radius away including hiding places. The Flare is only $5000. Unfortunately, the Black Boat is gone. Naval units really need a unit that goes with them to resupply them, but now there is no such thing. The Black Boat got replaced by the Gun Boat. The Gun Boat costs $6000 and can carry one foot soldier. It only has one shot of ammo to fire at Naval units. The Cruiser got its price reduced to $16,000. The Bomber got its priced reduced to $20,000, but its firepower is reduced as well. The Medium Tank got its price reduced to $12,000, but its attack and defense have been greatly reduced. But, the Medium Tank is now more useful being that its price is reduced and the Neo Tank no longer exists. The Mega Tank got changed into the War Tank and now it costs $16,000, and therefore greatly reducing the attack and defense, but still being more useful since it is actually affordable now. The Battleship got its price reduced to $25,000 and its attack and defense reduced as well, but the Battleship is far more useful than ever. The Battleship now has 3-5 attack range, but it is the only indirect combat unit that can move and fire on the same turn. The Lander got its price reduced to $10,000. That thing was way too expensive before. The Carrier has its price reduced to $28,000 and its attack and defense have been greatly reduced as a result. It no longer has its long ranged indirect combat AA weapon, but it now has a direct combat AA weapon that has infinite ammo, but inflicts far less damage. The Carrier has been well improved though now that it can build Seaplanes, which cost $15,000 and inflict good damage to all targets. The Seaplane is the replacement of the unbalanced Stealth Fighter. The APC is now called a Rig. The difference in the unit is that it now doesn't just transport foot soldiers and resupply all units that are next to it, but it can also build an Airport or Seaport. But, it can only build one and the Airport and Seaport that the Rig builds can only repair and resupply them, not build new ones. Having the Rig build one of those is like capturing a building. It takes at least two turns and it is done faster based on the amount of health the unit has. There is also a new building in Days of Ruin called the Radar Tower. It reveals anything that is 5 spaces away unless it is a hiding place. Also, instead of Pipelines, there are new Meteors and Plasma. If you destroy a Meteor, the entire Plasma line that was in the way gets destroyed with it. There are also many other new terrains that were never before seen prior to this game. Well, there are a bunch of other new units and some more changes to old units, but I'll explain the key differences in this game. Naval units can now travel under bridges. Bridges are no longer an obstacle for Naval units. That makes Naval units far more useful now. Every time one of your units finishes off an enemy unit and completely kills it(bring down to 0 hp), your unit will gain a level. Once the unit gains a level, its attack and defense both increase. A unit can gain 3 levels. You can no longer have two COs for one player. No more TAG Powers. And in this game the Super CO Powers have been eliminated as well. Only one CO Power, but each COs Power is really effective. There is a completely brand new cast of characters in this game and much better dialogue than any of the other Advance Wars games. Very Fire Emblem like for the dialogue, so there is a lot of it, but trust me, it won't overload you like the Fire Emblem dialogue does, LOL! There are 12 COs. 4 COs in the Rubinelle Army(also known as the 12th Battalion), 3 COs in the Lazurian Army, 2 COs in the New Rubinelle Army, and 3 COs in the Intelligent Defense Systems(IDS) Force. Gaining a CO Power is far more challenging and strategic in this game. You must have ground unit on one of your Factories(formerly known as a Base) or HQ. Or have an Air Unit on one of your Airports. Or have a Naval Unit on one of your Seaports. Then select the unit without moving it, and select CO and then your CO will go inside that unit and immediately bring that unit's level up to the maximum it can be. It also creates a CO Zone around that unit. Some CO Zones cover 2 spaces around, 3 spaces around, some even 1. It depends on the CO. If the unit that the CO is in attacks an enemy unit, you start gaining CO Power experience. If a unit inside your CO Zone attacks and enemy unit, you gain experience. If you attack an enemy unit inside the CO Zone, you gain experience. Once your experience goes up to the halfway point, your CO Zone increases by one space. Once your experience goes up all the way, you can use your CO power. The only problem though is, you have to select the unit your CO is in, and then tell it to use the CO Power and that ends that particular unit's turn. So, be sure to put your CO in the appropriate unit. What I explain in that last sentence is a good reason not to put your CO in a powerful and expensive unit. But, there are goods and bads for whatever units you put your CO in. Once you put your CO in a unit, you spend half the price it costs to build that unit. Another reason why to pick an inexpensive unit. But, here is a very good reason to put your CO in a powerful unit. If you lose the unit that has the CO inside it, the amount of CO Power experience you gained drops all the way back to zero and you have to put your CO in a new unit and start regaining all of that experience from the start. Once you play, you will like this actually. It balances the game more. Also, all CO's units have balanced stats. Nobody with superior this, or inferior that. CO Zones however, depending on the CO increase attack of some units and not others. A lot of different modes are lost now though. No War Room, but that is replaced by Trial Maps in the Campaign. No more Survival Modes. No more Combat Mode. But the biggest addition to the game is that now there is online play. Online play is quite fun. Unfortunately for me, I haven't been challenged when playing online. I have played every single Advance Wars and beaten them so I am indeed an excellent player. I wish there were more online. Of course, I need to play more than just 10 online games. Oh, here is another extremely awesome addition to Days of Ruin. Instead of only being able to save 3 maps, you can save up to 100 maps.
Sly_Frye
Sly_Frye
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite Advance Wars game? Empty Re: What is your favorite Advance Wars game?

Post  GuruSharky Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Ive actually only played Dual Strike... But it made me fall in love with the series!
GuruSharky
GuruSharky
Site Owner
Site Owner

Number of posts : 765
Forum Points : 65520
Position : Site Owner
Humor : That CORN was delicious! May I have some gum?
Brawl Code : 4425-1208-7517
MKWii Code : 5327-2836-1003
Pokemon D/P Code : I'll Get it soon
Animal Crossing: City Folk Code : 2836-4352-0577
Clan : Not a clanie
Stop-By Message : Perpare 4 b astroyed!!!!!!

http://www.nbnet.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sly_Frye Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:10 pm

My favorite is Days of Ruin. As I already mentioned in this thread, they made a lot of different changes and altogether made a totally different Advance Wars game that i find to be far more balanced and strategic. It is the first to introduce online play as well. Although, I would really like the online play to be far better.
Sly_Frye
Sly_Frye
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down