Nintendo Battle Network
You should log in ^-^ You can access more stuff that way!

What is your favorite type of warfare?

Go down

What is your Advanced wars battle style?

67% 67% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
33% 33% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

What is your favorite type of warfare?

Post  GuruSharky on Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:33 pm

What is your favorite type of warfare in Advanced wars games? Land, air, or sea?

GuruSharky, NBN Admin and Owner. Fire Emblem Finatic/ Brawler.
Spoiler:

GuruSharky
Site Owner
Site Owner

Number of posts : 765
Forum Points : 46240
Position : Site Owner
Humor : That CORN was delicious! May I have some gum?
Brawl Code : 4425-1208-7517
MKWii Code : 5327-2836-1003
Pokemon D/P Code : I'll Get it soon
Animal Crossing: City Folk Code : 2836-4352-0577
Clan : Not a clanie
Stop-By Message : Perpare 4 b astroyed!!!!!!

View user profile http://www.nbnet.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Re: What is your favorite type of warfare?

Post  Sly_Frye on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:20 pm

I prefer ground based battles as that takes the most strategy and it is the most often and common way to fight. Then you add air units to counter the stronger ground units and force your enemy to build anti-air if they haven't already. Naval warfare is improved in Days of Ruin since you can bring your ships under bridges now giving them more places to go. I really enjoy naval battles in Days of Ruin more than ever. But, my preference for battles is ground since it has more strategy and is how the game is most often played.

Click on this image to level up my Brawl Card.
Sly_Frye
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 76
Forum Points : 39634
Position : Global Moderator
Brawl Code : 4811-6629-7545
MKWii Code : 0216-1194-3326
Pokemon D/P Code : I need to check.
Animal Crossing: City Folk Code : N/A
Stop-By Message : I iz Cool

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/Sly_Frye

Back to top Go down

Post  GuruSharky on Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:13 pm

I have Dual Strike for DS and I have to say that the whole bridge thing pisses me off lol

Land is where is all is for the most part. Air units are very powerful (for example the bomber which is like one of the best units in the game) but unfortunately the unbalance shows that a single AA, when well used, can easily take out your entire air fleet. Also all naval units besides the battleship are not the best units to be buying unless your opponent has to fly air units over a large area of water that you control or also have a large navy. But of course battleships are awesome and extremely powerful. Plus decent air and naval units are so damn expensive.

As for land units that is where the battle starts and often where the most strategy is needed cuz in all of the wars I've fought, Ive had none with the center of battle in the water or air. What usually happens is the first one to deploy the megatank or neotank is a shoe in to win.

Also the tag, supers, and CO powers in DS are supposedly like 1,000% more powerful that the ones in days of ruin and often can be game altering or perhaps game winning. which changes a lot.

Spoiler:

GuruSharky
Site Owner
Site Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sly_Frye on Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:56 pm

Yeah! They made some big improvements in Days of Ruin, including having online play. Although the online play isn't very good. All battles should be fog of war, but online play chooses random settings for you. I don't mind the random maps, but the random settings is just stupid. Fog of war is the only way the game should be played in VS and online. Without fog of war, you can just see what the enemy is doing the whole time.

Okay, well, there are some nicer improvements. You naval units can actually move under bridges so now the bridges are no longer an obstacle. The Battleship's price is reduced to $25,000, but its overall power is reduced. However, the lowered price makes it better as well as being able to go under bridges and one more thing that only the Battleship can do is be an indirect combat unit that can move and then fire on the same turn.

Carriers have their price reduced to $28,000 and have their overall power reduced. Carriers will no longer have that awesome and very useful indirect combat AA weapon and instead will have a direct combat AA weapon that has infinite ammo. Making the weapon direct combat greatly reduces this unit's own effectiveness, however, it can build Seaplanes that cost $15,000 and these Seaplanes do good damage to all targets. They are the replacement of the extremely imbalance Stealth Fighter.

I just wanted to point those two things out. There are quite a lot of new units in Days of Ruin and just about all the units that existed before had their prices changed and stats changed. The Anti-Air unit now has its price reduced to $7,000. That is a very good thing there since they suck against other vehicles than itself, Recons, Flares, Indirect Combat units other than the Anti-Tank, and Rigs(formerly known as APCs).

Days of Ruin is far better than Dual Strike in so many ways. It is a little more balanced and the new units that are added are so cool!

Last edited by Sly_Frye on Fri May 08, 2009 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Sly_Frye
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  GuruSharky on Fri May 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Dual Strike is pretty cool too. I think they toned down teh co powers a little too much. (Assuming this from wat I read since Ive never played the game).

If uve ever played dual strike, getting the Tag co powers combo can be completely game changing.

Spoiler:

GuruSharky
Site Owner
Site Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sly_Frye on Fri May 08, 2009 3:26 am

GuruSharky wrote:Dual Strike is pretty cool too. I think they toned down teh co powers a little too much. (Assuming this from wat I read since Ive never played the game).

If uve ever played dual strike, getting the Tag co powers combo can be completely game changing.

Dude! I've played every Advance Wars game and beaten every single one of them as well. Well, Days of Ruin, I haven't finished beating yet, but I took lots of time off thanks to Brawl and Red Alert 3. I also am playing all the side missions that I haven't beaten yet before beating the game. I have gotten to the last level of Days of Ruin. The campaign was unfortunately, very easy. Not very much challenge, but of course, I am a very skill Advance Wars player with a lot of experience.

Yep! That Dual CO power was very game changing in Dual Strike. How you get your CO Power in Days of Ruin is quite interesting actually. And all of the CO powers can be very effective in different ways. My favorite CO in the game has a CO power that increases all of her units movement by 2 and increases all of her indirect combat units attack range by 2. That is combining the Super CO Powers of Grit and Adder in one power used for the entire turn. Incredibly powerful! Especially with the Battleships being an Indirect Combat unit that can move and then fire on the same turn.

There are actually many more things they did to make this game different. I don't want to get into detail about it, but I will bring up a huge improvement that you should look into if you are interested in getting a new and improved Advance Wars. Instead of only being able to design 3 maps, you can design up to 100 maps. Now that is awesome!

Not to say that Dual Strike is a bad game. That game is quite good as well. I really enjoyed that Black Boat. I can't believe that unit is gone now in Days of Ruin. I always wanted a unit that could resupply my navy from the sea and the Black Boat provided that and made Naval units more useful, but now they are gone in Days of Ruin. Naval units still have more use now, now that they can go underneath bridges in Days of Ruin.

Sly_Frye
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  GuruSharky on Sat May 09, 2009 2:52 pm

ooo I love the map thing and I could never understand y u could only make 3 maps when there was like 60 spaces.
Dual Strike was my first advanced and I consider myself a good player but I prolly wouldnt last a week fighting your army ^-^

Ive beaten the campaign mode 3 times in DS (the first time with cheat codes) because the campaign mode in DS is extremely difficult when u get farther in the game.

I really want to get days of ruin tho

Spoiler:

GuruSharky
Site Owner
Site Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sly_Frye on Mon May 11, 2009 3:56 pm

I'm sure you could last longer than that. If it was a small map which isn't my preferred, maybe I could win in that short of time, but for most maps you will last much longer than that. Especially since we can both use trickery since I always play with Fog of War turned on. I'm sure you're not bad.

Sly_Frye
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  GuruSharky on Tue May 12, 2009 6:10 pm

I dont usually play with FOW on but i bet it adds a very frustrating element of strategy to the game. Changing it dramatically by making u unable to see your opponents move makes things more interesting. In a FOW situation I'd likely build a wicked defensive force first to defend my HQ.

Spoiler:

GuruSharky
Site Owner
Site Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down